Why does my Logitech G930 constantly connect and disconnect?

Ferrariassassin

Estimable
Jul 3, 2014
When i first turn my Computer on or plug the headset in it comes on for 3 seconds and goes off for 3 seconds and does this for exactly 24 minutes right on the dot i timed it over 20 times and it is exactly 24 minutes for it to stop. After 24 minutes the headset works 100% fine with not a single problem. This is my fourth set, yes my fourth set and they all have done the exact same problem. I know you may be thinking it is my PC but i have tried 8 completely different computers from Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, and 10 and from USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 and have tried using and not using the Logitech Software and no matter what it does the same thing on all four of these so i guess i will be sending my fourth one back and try lucky number five i guess. Logitech keeps telling me it is not possible for this to happen as their products do not break and some crap so they only llet me replace the set. In fact my Logitech G13, G27, Z200, C920, and G502 all have similar problems at times with connections and my F710 is so bad that when i try to move its like a Ghost is holding down the buttons and Joysticks down so its laggy so i just trashed it. I may just have bad luck with every Logitech product i own, yea i am stupid to keep buying their Products at this point but i will no longer trust me. Anyway i can not afford a new headset and wish i could use my G930 for atleast 3 minutes befor eit looses connection because 3 seconds is not enough.

Solution
With that number of devices using WiFi then yes it looks like they are causing the headphone problems.
Probably the only solution would be Bluetooth or analogue wireless headphones or obviously wired ones.
Moving the router as far as possible from the headphones may also improve matters.
Why don't you try it,turn off the router and see if the headphones then work OK,if they do then moving it may work.

makkem

Distinguished
Hi
Because you have tried multiple computers and headsets then the suspect would appear to be external.
Those headphones channel hop to find the best connection,so you may have bad interference on the 2.4 GHz frequency band and this is causing the headphones to hop until they finally give up after 24 minutes and give you the best (but poor) connection they can.
Is your computer wired to your network or does it connect via WiFi ?

Ferrariassassin

Estimable
Jul 3, 2014

Thanks for replying man and no my PC is LAN and my wife has her PC next to mine and hers is LAN also but their are more family members in the house and there are atleast 12-15 devices using WiFi in my house at once and the ROuter is 12 foot from my PC so could that be something to do with it?

makkem

Distinguished
With that number of devices using WiFi then yes it looks like they are causing the headphone problems.
Probably the only solution would be Bluetooth or analogue wireless headphones or obviously wired ones.
Moving the router as far as possible from the headphones may also improve matters.
Why don't you try it,turn off the router and see if the headphones then work OK,if they do then moving it may work.

Solution