why does my Pavilion G scroll a whole page at once when i tap the down arrow key?

paintercindy57

Prominent
Nov 28, 2017
I am using firefox and have been to Mozilla and downloaded the latest version (someone told me to try} and it is still scrolling a whole page at a time . Someone told me i may have the scroll lock key on but not sure which one or combination it is on this keyboard in order to change it. Not sure what is going on?

Try... [FN] + C

If that doesn't do it then...

To turn off Scroll Lock...

Option 1...

Press the Scroll Lock key (may say 'ScrLk') on your keyboard. If your computer does not have a Scroll Lock key, then try one of the following...

Option 2...

For Windows 10

1. If your keyboard does not have a Scroll Lock key, the go to "Start" and then "Settings"
2. Now click "Ease of Access" and then "Keyboard".
3. Next click the "On Screen Keyboard" button to turn it on.
4. When the on-screen keyboard appears on the screen, click the ScrLk button.

NOTE: Another way to open the On-screen Keyboard in Windows 10 is to click the Windows button and start typing "On-Screen Keyboard" in the search entry box. In the list the appears, click "On-Screen Keyboard". When the on-screen keyboard pops up, click the ScrLk button.

For Windows 8.1

1. If your keyboard does not have a Scroll Lock key, click "Start" and then press CTRL+C to display the "Charms" bar.
2. Now click "Change PC Settings".
3. Next click "Ease of Access" and then "Keyboard".
4. Click the "On Screen Keyboard slider button" to turn it on.

5. When the on-screen keyboard appears on your screen, click the ScrLk button.

For Windows 7

1. If your keyboard does not have a Scroll Lock key, then go to "Start" and then "All Program".
2. Next click "Accessories" then "Ease of Access" and finally click "On-Screen Keyboard".
3. When the on-screen keyboard appears on your screen, click the slk button.

Try... [FN] + C

If that doesn't do it then...

To turn off Scroll Lock...

Option 1...

Press the Scroll Lock key (may say 'ScrLk') on your keyboard. If your computer does not have a Scroll Lock key, then try one of the following...

Option 2...

For Windows 10

1. If your keyboard does not have a Scroll Lock key, the go to "Start" and then "Settings"
2. Now click "Ease of Access" and then "Keyboard".
3. Next click the "On Screen Keyboard" button to turn it on.
4. When the on-screen keyboard appears on the screen, click the ScrLk button.

NOTE: Another way to open the On-screen Keyboard in Windows 10 is to click the Windows button and start typing "On-Screen Keyboard" in the search entry box. In the list the appears, click "On-Screen Keyboard". When the on-screen keyboard pops up, click the ScrLk button.

For Windows 8.1

1. If your keyboard does not have a Scroll Lock key, click "Start" and then press CTRL+C to display the "Charms" bar.
2. Now click "Change PC Settings".
3. Next click "Ease of Access" and then "Keyboard".
4. Click the "On Screen Keyboard slider button" to turn it on.

5. When the on-screen keyboard appears on your screen, click the ScrLk button.

For Windows 7

1. If your keyboard does not have a Scroll Lock key, then go to "Start" and then "All Program".
2. Next click "Accessories" then "Ease of Access" and finally click "On-Screen Keyboard".
3. When the on-screen keyboard appears on your screen, click the slk button.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C Laptop Tech Support 0
F Laptop Tech Support 1
O Laptop Tech Support 2
D Laptop Tech Support 0
P Laptop Tech Support 0
booterboii Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 1
V Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 2
J Laptop Tech Support 1
A Laptop Tech Support 3