Why Female ‘Call of Duty’ Players Aren’t a Tech Breakthrough

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Repelsteeltje

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
So, have you done your army duty, or is this just fake entitlement wining?

Requiring a higher precentage or even a 50-50 split in games and movies where in reality there simply are few to no women performing those functions ruins realism and makes the whole thing a patronising joke.

I support an inclusive world, but there needs to be some sense behind it beyond raging soap-box politics. Pretty soon anything needs to have one of each race, gender, sexual preference, political creed, religion, hair colour, body shape and handicap – I already see the clown posse arrive.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
the fact remains , more girls would still rather play a war game than actualy be in the army. for all the people talking about keeping "the predominately male characters in shooters" I'd like to remind you games are NOT about realism. they are about having the most fun. sure realistic graphics nice , but very very few games actually have any level of realism close to real life and if they did they'd probably suck.

P.S. tom's new posting sytem bites .. I miss the old toms that's why I haven't posted on here in ages now.

Status
Not open for further replies.