Why is my cpu running slow

Dec 22, 2018
So 2 months ago my laptop started acting weird. I start up my laptop and find it being super slow. I go to task manager and click performance and what do i see. My cpu is running at speed of a snail (0.39Ghz) , but the base speed of cpu is 2.6Ghz. I found out that it can be fixed if i shut down my laptop and let it sit for 5 or 6 hours at least, then i can use it normally. But now this problem is appearing to often (at least once in a day) and i can't use my laptop when i need to. Can anyone help?

Sorry for my english, it's not so good.

Dec 22, 2018

Can't be overheating. Today i turned on my laptop and found my cpu speed jumping between 0.60Ghz and 0.80Ghz, but my laptop was cold and there was no signs of heat.

sizzling

Distinguished
You need to monitor the cpu temperature. A cpu with a faulty cooler can overheat in seconds. Use something like HWMonitor.

What you describe is typical of a laptop with a cooling issues. We need to be sure if it is or is not a heat problem before trying to investigate further.

Dec 22, 2018

My laptop went haywire again (second time this day) and the temperature was like that:
max: 51 °C
min: 41 °C

Dec 22, 2018

So my laptop started acting weird again and the HDD was not going over 10 % usage. ram was 60 % used up (i have 8GB of ram), but it's usual (i do a lot of research on internet so i have many tabs opened)