Why is my laptop notebook experiencing low frame rates?

ThatOneModsDude

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017
When I play games on Steam, the frame rate is low and sometimes my computer takes a second for the commands that I give it in the game to actually carry out and work. I thought the problem was the processor, but I'm a noob with computers and things, so I have no idea. Please help me with my problem. Thanks.

Solution
I would suggest a desktop, preferably one you build yourself or you order all the parts and have a local computer shop assemble them for a small fee. You would be able to pick out quality parts. If you figure out a budget we can use www.pcpartpicker.com to put together a build if you want.

Pentium4User

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016
ok I need to know the spec you need to search up in the computer you are using. Search System that all should take you to a screen that shows the cpu model and how much ram you have, then on click device manger after that click on display adapter and it should say what kind of graphics card.

ThatOneModsDude

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017
Here is the information for the computer.
HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC
Processor: AMD A6-4400M APU with Radeom(TM) HD Graphics 2.70 GHz
RAM:8.00 GB (7.47 GB usable)
System type:64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition: Windows 8.1
Hope that helps with the process. It's not the best computer, I know, but it's what I've got. Thanks for the help.

ThatOneModsDude

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017
I'm not really in a good financial situation, so I can't really go out and buy all the parts or a completely new computer. Do you know if there are any more possible solutions like replacing the hardware in the computer?

ThatOneModsDude

Prominent
Feb 22, 2017
If the only to get better frame rates is to upgrade computers, which would be better: Laptop or PC? I don't want to invest in a computer that won't function correctly. Thanks for the help.

Pentium4User

Commendable
Jun 17, 2016

Well that stinks:/ It kinda weird why hp would put 8gb ram with a dual core they should of put an quad core A6 instead.
And the cpu is pretty good but the graphics is what honestly making the games run bad now I'm not gonna tell you buy a new computer because to be honest to get a decent gaming laptop you gotta pay over 1000 the place I live. My opinion If you really want something a little better or better look on the used market. You could probably find something that will run games on medium settings under 600 or 700 dollars. I suggest ebay.

jpe1701

Estimable
Mar 13, 2015
I would suggest a desktop, preferably one you build yourself or you order all the parts and have a local computer shop assemble them for a small fee. You would be able to pick out quality parts. If you figure out a budget we can use www.pcpartpicker.com to put together a build if you want.

Solution

jpe1701

Estimable
Mar 13, 2015
I forgot about something. AMD just dropped their new cpus for preorder and they comeout march 2nd. At least the higher end parts. The stuff that you want, the chips that will compete (hopefully) with the I5s, won't be out for probably a couple months. So if it was me I'd wait and see how the AMD Ryzen stuff performs, and what it does to Intel prices if anything.

Tanoxil

Commendable
Jan 27, 2017
If you live in the US i would recommend something like this:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G4560 3.5GHz Dual-Core Processor ($64.99 @ Newegg)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B250M-DS3H Micro ATX LGA1151 Motherboard ($73.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR4-2133 Memory ($55.49 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB Video Card ($139.99 @ B&H)
Case: Rosewill SRM-01 MicroATX Mini Tower Case ($34.99 @ Newegg Marketplace)
Power Supply: EVGA 400W ATX Power Supply ($28.99 @ SuperBiiz)
Total: $448.42
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-02-24 08:21 EST-0500