and the laptop is performing very slow, so why is it, is it the cpu hdd or ram
please help
specs : geforce 920M
core i5 5200U
ram 8gb ddr3
500gb hdd

Moved from Overclocking Forum

Solution
I would say the HDD is slowing you down. an SSD will increase the overall snappiness of the unit, booting, loading programs, saving files, etc.
the 5200u is a low power CPU, a low speed dual core with only 3MB cache. hyperthreading helps but its not another core.

the CPU strikes a balance between work and battery life. if it were faster you would have significantly less battery life. slower and far less work gets done.

laptop CPU's are never as fast as their desktop counterparts. power and heat work against laptops in this area

doubling the memory may aid in overall snappiness and may be a budget friendly boost.

R_1

Estimable
Herald
I would say the HDD is slowing you down. an SSD will increase the overall snappiness of the unit, booting, loading programs, saving files, etc.
the 5200u is a low power CPU, a low speed dual core with only 3MB cache. hyperthreading helps but its not another core.

the CPU strikes a balance between work and battery life. if it were faster you would have significantly less battery life. slower and far less work gets done.

laptop CPU's are never as fast as their desktop counterparts. power and heat work against laptops in this area

doubling the memory may aid in overall snappiness and may be a budget friendly boost.

Solution

derekullo

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2009
A 2.2 gigahertz cpu is slow because its a 2.2 gigahertz cpu.

I remember back in 2002 I had an Athlon Xp 2200+.

It ran at 1.8 gigahertz, but was equal to the Intel 2.2 gigahertz at the time.

Yours has the advantage of hyperthreading and is more efficient, but it isn't enough to compensate for the low clock speed.

You are most likely good on ram at 8 gigabytes.

Do check the task manager to make sure you aren't getting close to using it all with programs that don't need to be running.

crapyahmad

Prominent
Jan 16, 2018
Thanks for the answers
anyway this laptop is not for gaming so performance isnt really that important since i have a good pc
but i just wanted to see if i could game portabily and that didnt work