Solved! Why is my laptop (that I literally just bought) at 100% CPU? (Windows 10)

Sep 27, 2019
It's a Lenovo Ideapad S145.

CPU: AMD A6
Ram: 4GB
SSD: 128 GB
GPU: Raedon R4

I disabled Windows 10 S. Is that a problem? I can't tell if it's gotten slower since I did that because I did it quite early.

I have only installed google chrome and its just so slow (both chrome and edge).

Solution
If the amd is soldered to the MoBo, ur stuck with it.
If not, upgrade to A9 (i just did HP G6-2237cl, dual core amd a6 to quad A8-4500M for $7+free shipping!)
If it is soldered, Ur next best upgrade is a 2nd ssd in raid0. One of the Lenovo S145 decent features, is an M.2 slot on top of a regular 2.5" bay. Whichever u have, add the other.
Other than that - duh: 8GB RAM stick is like $30 on ebay.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
What exactly did you disable?

This is a low-end system (CPU and memory-wise). Even a new system will update Windows (and likely your Lenovo drivers and apps, too) when powered up and connected to the internet. I suspect this is what you are experiencing.

Sep 27, 2019
What exactly did you disable?

This is a low-end system (CPU and memory-wise). Even a new system will update Windows (and likely your Lenovo drivers and apps, too) when powered up and connected to the internet. I suspect this is what you are experiencing.

OK, so this laptop came with Widows 10 S. Which is apparently this version of Windows 10 where you can only download apps off of the windows store. I didn't like that (because I couldn't even get Google Chrome) so I switched my Windows 10 S back to regular Windows 10 (which was a function of Windows 10 S, I didn't use some external program to do that).

So you're saying that it should just come right with some time? That'd be nice. I'll monitor it.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Understood. The system should be okay after updating itself.

Keep in mind that with only 4GB of memory, this will hold back system performance, especially if you are multi-tasking very much (or using the system while applying updates).

Tobi_Katon

Commendable
Jun 10, 2019
It's a Lenovo Ideapad S145.

CPU: AMD A6
Ram: 4GB
SSD: 128 GB
GPU: Raedon R4

I disabled Windows 10 S. Is that a problem? I can't tell if it's gotten slower since I did that because I did it quite early.

I have only installed google chrome and its just so slow (both chrome and edge).
Its 2019 why did you get a laptop with 4gb ram and the cpu is really weak this makes the combo even worse. I am not sure what work you want to do in this laptop, but it is really weak. If it is possible go to a computer store and max out the ram at 16gb and put in a 512gb ssd, and do not use any antivirus software, may improve performance though i am not very sure.

TaiTheGuy

Estimable
Sep 21, 2015
If the amd is soldered to the MoBo, ur stuck with it.
If not, upgrade to A9 (i just did HP G6-2237cl, dual core amd a6 to quad A8-4500M for $7+free shipping!)
If it is soldered, Ur next best upgrade is a 2nd ssd in raid0. One of the Lenovo S145 decent features, is an M.2 slot on top of a regular 2.5" bay. Whichever u have, add the other.
Other than that - duh: 8GB RAM stick is like $30 on ebay.

Solution