Solved! why is my new laptop slow

Jun 14, 2019
the laptop that i bought was aspire 5 i7, 2000 GB HDD, 20 GB memory, 16GB intel + 4GB DDR4 memory and also had geforce mx130. i was hoping to play some good quality games aswell but that completely did not work out due to the frame skips. this laptop is brand new and untouched.

Solution
I bought I new laptop too and had the same issue, after reinstalling a new w10 I had a better performance but I still had lag spikes. I figured out that when my hard drive was doing basic tasks like moving files or windows updates, it took an eternity to load folders and the laptop as a whole became slow. Your pc doesn't have a great gpu, but is not bad and the cpu is really good so it has to be the hard drive too. After all, the HDD disk is usually bad in laptops, so I recommend you to test it with a SDD.
Jun 14, 2019
I bought I new laptop too and had the same issue, after reinstalling a new w10 I had a better performance but I still had lag spikes. I figured out that when my hard drive was doing basic tasks like moving files or windows updates, it took an eternity to load folders and the laptop as a whole became slow. Your pc doesn't have a great gpu, but is not bad and the cpu is really good so it has to be the hard drive too. After all, the HDD disk is usually bad in laptops, so I recommend you to test it with a SDD.

Reactions: pur3anim3
Solution
Jun 14, 2019
yeah i figured. cheers bud!