Why is my tv shutting off?

Brooskiedoe

Estimable
Jan 8, 2016
I have a RCA 14F514T 14 inch Flat Screen CRT Digital Tuner TV 14" Digital CRT

The picture fades then it shuts off as soon as I turn it on! I dont have allot of bread to get a new one.

Is their a way to clean it or fix it??

Solution
Hard to tell what may be happening. Would suspect a heat related problem - gets hot, something expands, shorts out, and off it goes.

Are you using the remote or directly turning on the TV? Remote could be malfunctioning - sends on followed by immediate off. Have you tried new batteries.

Do you have the User Manual? If not, here:

http://www.manualslib.com/products/Rca-14f514t-20539.html

I scanned through it and did not really note anything directly addressing the problem you are experiencing.

Without knowing where you live I will still risk the comment that diagnosis and repair is likely to cost more than a new set. Unless the problem is some replaceable and easily obtained component. And you must also have an honest repair...
Hard to tell what may be happening. Would suspect a heat related problem - gets hot, something expands, shorts out, and off it goes.

Are you using the remote or directly turning on the TV? Remote could be malfunctioning - sends on followed by immediate off. Have you tried new batteries.

Do you have the User Manual? If not, here:

http://www.manualslib.com/products/Rca-14f514t-20539.html

I scanned through it and did not really note anything directly addressing the problem you are experiencing.

Without knowing where you live I will still risk the comment that diagnosis and repair is likely to cost more than a new set. Unless the problem is some replaceable and easily obtained component. And you must also have an honest repair shop.....

Just saw an LG 24" flat screen listed at $120 USD at Best Buy. (Not promoting LG or Best Buy - only that a new purchase may be a better option for a few more dollars than the cost of repair.)

Solution