Why isn't my hotspot working for my PlayStation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

borden.kyle

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017
So I haven't had this problem before but when I try to connect my PlayStation 3 to my mobile hotspot, it keeps saying internet connection failed and DNS error. Yet when my wife connects hers, it works smoothly. I have tried manually entering everything in the PSN Network Settings but nothing seems to be working. This is the first time I've had this problem. Someone please help!

Solution
That one I can't really answer. I am not gaming console person/player.

Anyone else on here know how to make the console forget?

Now, if that isn't possible, or doesn't help, then I would start to wonder if something has changed on your phone (or if you changed carriers/serve providers) if perhaps it being a hotspot was blocked.
Are you sure you are entering the right info? The right Hotspot name and password.

If you are, then are you and she both trying to connect to that hotspot at the same time? If yes, it may be being limited by your carrier/service provider. Also, if you use it a lot from that device they may limit your connection.

Also, are you sure the consol is actually able to connect. I know you said it did, but things happen, parts go bad, etc. Have you tried connecting to a different hotspot and WiFi to make sure that it will actually connect?

If you have done that, you may have to 'forget' the information on the consol, restart the consol and then try again to connect to the hotspot.

borden.kyle

Prominent
Oct 29, 2017
How do I make the console"forget" my hotspot info? Because her and I both try with our phones. Hers works no problem and mine used to but I just got it turned back on a couple days ago and ever since I got my phone turned back on it won't connect the PlayStation

That one I can't really answer. I am not gaming console person/player.

Anyone else on here know how to make the console forget?

Now, if that isn't possible, or doesn't help, then I would start to wonder if something has changed on your phone (or if you changed carriers/serve providers) if perhaps it being a hotspot was blocked.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.