why my Acer E15 shows blue screen every 2 hours

juboasd

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016
Hi. My Acer Aspire E15 keeps suddenly crashing and showing the "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" message. When its done, the pc just boots up normally and i can use it for like 1 - 2 hours and then it happens again. Whats the problem ?

Try starting the laptop in "Safe Mode" and see if the problem stops.

If it does, then you most likely have something on your computer that you shouldn't. Malware, virus, etc., and will need to try to remove it.

If it doesn't stop in "Safe Mode", then I would start by running some checks on the system to see if you have any bad sectors on the hard drive, etc.

juboasd

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016
First of all, sorry i downvoted your reply accidentally, didnt mean to. Thanks for the reply, i'll try booting in safe mode and leaving it like that for few hours and see what happens. By the way, if it turns out that i have a virus, is malmwarebytes a good antivirus i have been using it for a while. If not, can you suggest any other good free antivirus programs ? Thanks.

Well malmwarebytes isn't antivirus. It is anti malware and ransomware and spyware. So you would actually be better to add straight antivirus software as well.

Me I use Avira and personally I think it is great, but you should check around to see what you like. :) I like that they have the option to use it free, and you can upgrade to paid if you choose. Plus they have other features to it. I then have other programs for malware, etc.

Here are some links to posts and articles on this site about antivirus software as well as other protection software...

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2918593/antivirus-software.html

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-antivirus,review-2588.html

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/antivirus-software-pay-or-free,news-18570.html

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/pictures-story/787-malware-myths.html

And if anyone else around here has any other suggestions of programs he could try, please chime in. :)

juboasd

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016
So apparently it doesnt freeze in safe mode, i cleaned my pc with malmwarebytes and Avira and started in normal mode. I just played Counter Strike for few hours and it froze again. It didnt show the "your pc ran into problem" blue screen, it just froze and the ingame sound kept looping. Pressing windows key, ctrl alt del or alt tab didnt do anything it was just frozen. So i pressed the power button till the pc shut down, then i turned it back on and now its working again, but im pretty sure that it will freeze again in few hours. What should i do ?

Well now, just because you rant programs to check for problems does not guarantee they will get all problems. It could easily be something that the programs aren't seeing as a problem yet, or is one they don't have information on yet. Hence why they need constant updating. :)

What was installed and/or updated just before the problems started? Even if it was just an add-on to something, I would try uninstalling anything that you added/updated/installed just before it started or if possible, restore the system to a point prior to the problem.

juboasd

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016
So i did download some driver updates (from acer:s official site), but i dont think thats the case because it kept freezing even before i downloaded them. I also havent been downloading anything else before that. Well i still decided to do to a system restore, to the point just before i downloaded the drivers. Well at first i thought it helped but after 3-4 hours it froze again, but it didnt freeze like before, it didnt loop the sound and after i shut the pc down it didnt show the bluescreen. Maybe it was just a "normal" freeze because of putting too much pressure on the system or something like that, but at least its getting better because as i said it didnt show the blue screen like before. I'll see how it works now ,if the bluescreen shows up again, i'll post again. :)

(also a "small" extra thing i have been noticing for a while, always when i turn my pc on it shows some kind of error box in the bottom right corner of the desktop for a few seconds. Little error box with a red and white cross, i cant properly remember now what it says, because im not on my pc at the moment, but it said something like "you need to fix some things with your windows account so you can get the most out of windowses features" or something like that. Might it have something to do with this problem ? I myself dont think so because its talking about "features", not windows itself, but you guys know better.)

Thanks for the answers webworkings. Looking forward for more help from you ! :)

EDIT: IT JUST FROZE AGAIN WITH THE BLUESCREEN, im getting really tired of this, nothing seems to help what should i do.

Well, the error box you mention I have not seen before so I cannot comment on that one. You may want to take better note of it when it happens and try to get the exact message so you can look it up online and see if you can find the reason. Once that has been done it may well effect the other problem.

Also, in the end it may be more serious, the reason for the "BSOD" showing up so much. You should try some other system scans to see if there are any problems (other than virus, etc.,) like doing "Defragmentation" and seeing if anything shows up. You may also wish to enter the "command prompt" in windows and type in "chkdsk /?" (without the quotes, but with the space and ?). It will then give you a list of commands that can be used with it. You can try running it then with whichever one you wish, I would suggest trying "chkdsk /f" and/or "chkdsk /r".

You can find a bit more info on chkdsk here... http://www.thewindowsclub.com/command-line-check-disk-windows-7

juboasd

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016
Ok so i tried to fully factory reset my pc, left it resetting for night and now its stuck in "acer explore beyond limits" screen and just keeps looping.

juboasd

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016
i tried chkdsk /f, it says:

The type of the file system is NTFS.
Cannot lock current drive.
Windows cannot run disk checking on this volume because it is write protected

What should i do, im so frustrated, should i just go get a new laptop ? :(

TRENDING THREADS