Why my Samsung Galaxy J1 isn't detecting my 2 gb sd card after a week and my new 8 gb is being detected?

Aug 3, 2018
I have 2 sd cards with same manufacturers(SanDisk), my 2 gb is a standard sd card and my new 8 gb is a SDHC I. My phone is Samsung Galaxy J1(SM-J111F) Ace Neo after inserting the 2 gb sd card a week later it doesn't detect it anymore. I cleaned it same with the sd slot but doesn't work. Now I inserted my 8 gb and it is being detected but I am worried it will happen to it like my previous sd card. How can I assure it won't happen again and I will no longer waste money and time so does anybody anymore?

Solution
The slot itself wouldn't be the problem if it is detecting the new card. However, repeatedly moving the card in and out of that device, or multiple devices, will damage the card.

There is no guaranty on how to keep a card from going bad. The best you can do is do your best to not be the cause of the damage yourself.
The slot itself wouldn't be the problem if it is detecting the new card. However, repeatedly moving the card in and out of that device, or multiple devices, will damage the card.

There is no guaranty on how to keep a card from going bad. The best you can do is do your best to not be the cause of the damage yourself.

Solution