Why No One Can Stop Torrents

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]Nouters[/nom]Attacking the p2p programs and torrent sites is totally wrong and against any laws on privacy and freedom we have. It's not the torrent sites and users who leak the movies and games to the internet, it's the people inside those movie studios and theaters, wherever they get those advance copies of them, they make copies of them and distribute them forward. If they wanna stop piracy, that's where they need to strike, not the innocent users of torrent sites etc. Sure, it's easier to strike at the torrents and call everyone a thief than just increase supervision of their own products and their own people. They're just lazy to admit their mistakes and change the way they do things, so they'd rather restrict our freedoms and privacy.[/citation]

are you a moron ?? what is innocent , about robbing from some one ??? sure companies got big money but DO you hoenstly think that the rich greedy corperate suits are gonna be the ones getting laid off when they dont meet thier quotas ??? cos if you do then youa re naive my freind. you don't hurt rich corperate guys when you downlaod stuff illeagally, the only people you hurt are the guys and gals workign at the lower payign jobs. EA proved this with 08 poeple robbed them blind over securom so what do they do ..... lay off a bunch of developers and stuff , and i can gurantee you not a single employee making more than 50k a year was affected just the folks making 30 k or less. so tell me how are torrent users so "innocent" ????

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]noclueattoms[/nom]There is no such thing as "illegally downloading movies and music"There is such a thing as "making movies and music illegally available for downloading"[/citation]

this mentallity is whats wrong with this country today

ok you say ther is no thign as "illeaglign downlaoding movies"
there is only making movies and music illegaly available .

ok lets looka thtis from antoerh crime and see how this picture fits

there is no such thing as "illeagaling raping a girl"
ther is just , "illeagaly beign nude in her shower, thus beign avaiable to rape"

you know soemthign doesnt add up in this picture ????

ok lets try with a diffenrt crim maybe it will add up right

ther is no such thing "as buying a stolen car"
there is jsut "illegaling runnign a stolen car chop shop"

hmmm that didnt work lets go for another

there is no such thing as "illeagaling murdering some one"

Ther is just "them illeagaly beign in teh wrong palce at teh wrong time"

d---- , you knwow hat that's three strikes my man you're logicv just doesnt add up. why don't you go get a job and acutally pay ofr soemthign for once ... or do you like putting the under paid workers in an industry out of ajob .... cos i can guarantee you the fat cats at top wont loose adime over illeagal downloading , jsut the guys on teh bottom.

saravis4

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2008
Holy crap DemonHorde, can you please upload the brain cells you just took from me? I think you need to worry about English 101 first before you take any other classes. I find it amazing how people think it’s stealing, it isn't. It’s impossible to steal something that is logical; you can only copy something that is logical. Data copies from disk to disk or computer to computer. It is copyright infringement, not stealing.

In regards to the article, why no one can stop torrents? It is because torrenting is not illegal. It is a form of digital distribution, like copying from disk to disk or computer to computer. It is the act of copying something that is copyrighted that is illegal.

milk_inc

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
Too bad internet is not good as was on the begining, well torrent never was made for transfer files that is ilegally share it, it was for share just big files on some better way than peer 2 peer that exist on that time(even know he always to try make buisness i think he is making now), i think ppl just used bad, the protocol, that is, not matter the way they share ilegal files it as the FTP, XDCC(IRC) or torrent. About the ppl that from Australia get low speed that is not fault of the protocol, is from ur ISP maybe they are traffic shapping ur broadband when u use the protocol of torrent so they cap ur speed, the advantage of using torrent are simple u can get full speed well depend of peer, seed, ratio and speed of sharing the ppl, but that way u save a lot of broadband is not the same a private server like ftp or html sharing always all the time that if lot of ppl downloading files an example will be microsoft they server get down of the a lot of traffic, bad move they will need to share by torrent the beta system hosting ur the file torrent and capping the upload speed, that is the pro or con when u download from html or bittorrent. Cheers

justinmcg67

Distinguished
Sep 24, 2007
How is the title and the content of this article even remotely the same thing? This is the third time now in the past month where the titles and the content aren't even close to being the same. What the hell...

mavroxur

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2009
Why no one can stop torrents....because Tom's will write an article about setting up RAID arrays and name it "How to cook blueberry muffins"

exfileme

Splendid
Jan 6, 2008
[citation][nom]justinmcg67[/nom]How is the title and the content of this article even remotely the same thing? This is the third time now in the past month where the titles and the content aren't even close to being the same. What the hell...[/citation]
Again, can we have samples?

exfileme

Splendid
Jan 6, 2008
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]If you'll notice the comments, they mention the error, and the correction. I'm not hugely interested in deciphering what titles have changed.[/citation]
Thanks!

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]What planet are you from? Around those Ubuntu releases HTTP goes to a crawl, yet I could still get 10.4 Mbps with a torrent.[/citation]
Dunno about ubuntu, but a few weeks ago I downloaded a centos dvd I needed for a server. I did that via HTTP, and averaged about 7.4MB/s - that doesn't seem slow to me. (MB, not Mbit)

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Actually I just tried to download ubuntu 8.10
Took 1 minute and 11 secs @ 8.97MB/sec - that is even less slow than the centos, and I bet I ran into speed limitations between this office and the main one where the primary internet connection is, cause it was running at 10.0 exactly for 20 secs or so.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
Doesn't really matter.

The point is, both can be slow, both can be fast. The difference being, HTTP is slower when more people are using it, and Torrents are faster when more people are using it.

Just because Australia sucks, doesn't mean torrents do.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
Aussie land doesn't suck! I've never been there, but I kinda love that place anyway! They've got HSV - the company that puts corvette engines into family cars and sell them for family car prices. That's just marvelous! Not that I know what australia has to do with linux distros using torrents ?

randomizer

Distinguished
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]Just because Australia sucks, doesn't mean torrents do.[/citation]
You're really the only person (who can type coherently) who has said anything like that so far.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]randomizer[/nom]You're really the only person (who can type coherently) who has said anything like that so far.[/citation]
Well I wasn't saying it seriously.

But their internet service seriously sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.