Solved! Why won't my mic stop putting out static?

Mar 3, 2022
I have a PC that's about 4 years old, and it's a pre-build. My mic stopped working around 5 days ago, I have no clue why and what would happen is basically, all it would put out was static. I would talk and nothing would come out but static. The static was consistent and didn't just happen when I would talk. I assumed the problem was with the headphones because they were as old as the computer was. New headphones arrive and the mic works when I first plug it in. About an hour into gaming, the mic goes back to complete static again. I have uninstalled and reinstalled audio drivers and plugged and unplugged the headphones and restarted my computer, the whole 9 yards. And at this point I think its a hardware problem. I have no clue though. Please help me.

Solution
It's fixed? I wiggled the sound card part of the motherboard where you plug in the headphones and mic, and now its working! I have a feeling that this may not be a permanent fix. Still really confused as to how it fixed it, but hey I'll take it. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. Thank you so much!

Get some electronic contact cleaner, sounds like the computer connections are an issue.
Mar 3, 2022
It's fixed? I wiggled the sound card part of the motherboard where you plug in the headphones and mic, and now its working! I have a feeling that this may not be a permanent fix. Still really confused as to how it fixed it, but hey I'll take it. Hopefully it doesn't happen again. Thank you so much!

Get some electronic contact cleaner, sounds like the computer connections are an issue.

Solution