why wont my MP3 player play the songs that I have put on it

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicola rhymer 87

Estimable
Oct 23, 2014
I have put some songs onto my MP3 player but the songs are not playing. The songs are on there because they are coming up on the computer.

Solution

Either like others said the file format is not supported, or the mp3 is encoded in a way the mp3 player doesn't understand. Some mp3 players only support audio encoded in a certain manner and won't support certain methods of encoding like variable bit rate, high bit rates (320kbps+) , or mp3's with DRM. What it supports should be written in the manual, on the packaging, or hopefully on the product manufacturers website somewhere.

caqde

Distinguished
May 31, 2007

Either like others said the file format is not supported, or the mp3 is encoded in a way the mp3 player doesn't understand. Some mp3 players only support audio encoded in a certain manner and won't support certain methods of encoding like variable bit rate, high bit rates (320kbps+) , or mp3's with DRM. What it supports should be written in the manual, on the packaging, or hopefully on the product manufacturers website somewhere.

Solution

hbond10

Estimable
Apr 16, 2015
The EASY solution for me was to format the SD card in FAT32, and all the mp3 files that previously did not work on the same card(with NTFS format), now the same mp3 files plays nicely all of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.