Why You Need to Install Apple's Latest Software Patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

Efunn

Estimable
Feb 22, 2014
Thank you!But my iOS is 6 on a 4G and the only upgrade choice I have is for 7, which I don't want.Please help.

ddpruitt

Honorable
Jun 4, 2012
Jesus Christ! I thought Apple had much better software engineers/coders than this. This is a piss poor piece of code, did they have a high-school drop out write it? Real testing obviously isn't being done on their security code since proper whitebox testing wouldn't have caught this. If this "slipped" through, I shudder to think about what else lies beneath. A better way to write this section of code is:
Code:
if (!(ReadyHash(hashRef, &hashCtx && hashRef->update(&hashCtx, &clientRandom)       && hashRef->update(&hashCtx, &serverRandom)        && hashRef->update(&hashCtx, &exchangeParams)        && hashRef->final(&hashCtx, &hashOut)))

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
A former NSA employee famously stated that they can , and always will, break into any iPhone they want. Knowing that, these patches are irrelevant.

oceanskate999

Honorable
Jul 23, 2013
And to think some of the original thinking, before apple got big, and the defense as to why they'd go apple mac instead of say pc, was that apple's OS was built so much better and didn't really have any tendency to be exploited or to have bugs etc. As a programmer, I laughed at this for decades and secretly knew it was only down to obscurity. Now that they are getting their wish wit soaring popularity, I hear about some new apple flaw every week. It doesn't matter whether it's on a mac, an iphone, an ipod etc. I just keeps happening. Someone can argue that somehow it's better, but that's really a fantasy. If it were really what apple kept trying to hint it was, all these i-devices wouldn't keep having problems. And to those who say, No duh, every thing gets glitches, bugs, malwares, problems, I say, true, but then why was that the big excuse for apple 5 years ago? Look where they are now. And in fact, because being popular is new, they aren't very hardened against attacks. They are security weaklings. It's been proven over and over. I remember when I said, just wait, when it gets popular the shit will hit the fan. And that shit is starting to hit. The only thing consumers are now left with is an overly arrogant, slow to update company full of lies, empty promises and higher costs. Anyone defending this will just make me chuckle further as I've been reading these things for years already anyway.. mac defender anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.