Wich configuration to choose ?

God8uALL

Estimable
Nov 29, 2014
I'm looking to buy a good and solid laptop. I came across 2 similar Lenovo laptops in my price range ; the ThinkPad E550 and the ThinkPas E555. They are the same, except for the cpu configuration. For the E550, to get in my price range, I need to get the i5 5200U. However, the E555 is cheaper because it's AMD based. So, if I want to get this one, I can choose the best cpu option which is an AMD A10-7300. I'm aware that the i5 option is better, but the AMD one comes with an AMD Radeon R7 M260 2GB discrete graphics card. I don't know wich one to choose. Is the i5 really going to outperform the AMD option ? I basically want to know if the discrete gpu is worth it with a weaker cpu.

Thanks a lot :)

Solution
hello there the AMD A10 is the best laptop processor that AMD makes intel has for a longtime now made processors with graphics on the processor chip but AMD never did until recently soo thus we have the AMD A series processors, now the core I5 is intels mid range processor where as the the core I7 is their top of line processor but the core I7 is more equal to the AMD A10 now the core I5 would be more equal to the AMD A8 the benefit with the AMD over the core I5 is it comes with a dedicated graphics card so if you plan on playing games it will let you so what it comes down to is weather or not your gonna play games because that will be the biggest difference hope this helps

psycrow395

Honorable
Feb 13, 2012
hello there the AMD A10 is the best laptop processor that AMD makes intel has for a longtime now made processors with graphics on the processor chip but AMD never did until recently soo thus we have the AMD A series processors, now the core I5 is intels mid range processor where as the the core I7 is their top of line processor but the core I7 is more equal to the AMD A10 now the core I5 would be more equal to the AMD A8 the benefit with the AMD over the core I5 is it comes with a dedicated graphics card so if you plan on playing games it will let you so what it comes down to is weather or not your gonna play games because that will be the biggest difference hope this helps

Solution