Wifi Adaptor problems

omar27

Honorable
Dec 22, 2013
my laptop aspire4520 wifi adapter card is not working and the only way to get internet is connecting it via the ethernet cable but what i find odd is that when i disconnect the power cord it disconnects from the internet...

quick summary:
so wifi not working..only way to get internet is via Ethernet cable..
disconnecting power supply kills my internet

Edit: my wifi card doesnt show in the device manager....no where =/
any help is appreciated =)

Solution
take a screenshot so I can see your msinfo32 and your device manager fully expanded if you can. That should def be something that comes up in the device manager. You may need to update the BIOS (though this is something that should work out of the box). If you still have support/warranty it might be a good idea to call Acer and ask

Beezy

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
if you know wifi is on, and enabled in the settings. Try going into control panel, find power options, change it so that its high performance mode when plugged in and unplugged. Also set it so the screen doenst sleep or hibernate

Beezy

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
take a screenshot so I can see your msinfo32 and your device manager fully expanded if you can. That should def be something that comes up in the device manager. You may need to update the BIOS (though this is something that should work out of the box). If you still have support/warranty it might be a good idea to call Acer and ask

Solution