Solved! Wifi AND mobile data are not working on Blu Vivo XL4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2019
Hi, I had just gotten a brand new Blu Vivo XL4 smartphone but neither the wifi or phone service works with it.

With the wifi it says connected and is at full strength, but there is no internet, with the error from Chrome "DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET". The sim card seems to work fine with the phone and shows that the phone is getting reception, but no matter what I can't make phone calls getting "Mobile network not available" - either that, or I just immediately get "call ended, hanging up".

I have Xfinity for wifi and Verizon as my phone service. Other devices including my old phone work flawlessly with these services. Any help is greatly appreciated, ripping my hairs over this.

Last edited:
Solution
Well first you need to find out if the phone is in deed CDMA or GSM. Then you should request a new SIM from your carrier/service provider to make sure that you are using the right kind for that device.

That should fix the calls, etc., issue. At least if it is fixable and the phone isn't the issue. :)

As to the WiFi...

NOTE: If none of the following work to resolve the problem, then I would consider returning the phone and getting a different one.

1. Try and restart the phone. Sometimes it is that simple.

2. Update the firmware and any apps that need updating on the phone.

3. If the problem persists, check your time and date on the phone to make sure it is correct.

4. Should none of the former work...
a. Clear out the WiFi...
The SIM you are trying to use, did you get it new from the carrier/service provider or did you just take it out of a different phone? If you did just take it out of a different phone that could be your problem.

Additionally where you got the phone through will make a difference. If purchased through the wrong place, it could be using the wrong network. Verizon is a CDMA network (like Sprint). Did you make sure to check that the phone is actually set up to work on that network?

As to the WiFi issue, while you say it isn't working through Chrome, that doesn't mean the phone isn't getting internet. Have you tried using Google Play Store on the phone to see if it connects?

Aug 15, 2019
The SIM you are trying to use, did you get it new from the carrier/service provider or did you just take it out of a different phone? If you did just take it out of a different phone that could be your problem.

Additionally where you got the phone through will make a difference. If purchased through the wrong place, it could be using the wrong network. Verizon is a CDMA network (like Sprint). Did you make sure to check that the phone is actually set up to work on that network?

As to the WiFi issue, while you say it isn't working through Chrome, that doesn't mean the phone isn't getting internet. Have you tried using Google Play Store on the phone to see if it connects?

I took the sim card from my old Samsung Galaxy s6 phone. Should I request a new one?

Whoops! I misread somewhere else Verizon is GSM. I switched the "preferred network type" to LTE/CDMA but that still hasn't helped.

The wifi is not working through any apps at all. The play store, gmail, Opera browser etc. Interestingly enough, not even Google Maps works at all with location permissions enabled. Thanks for your help.

Well first you need to find out if the phone is in deed CDMA or GSM. Then you should request a new SIM from your carrier/service provider to make sure that you are using the right kind for that device.

That should fix the calls, etc., issue. At least if it is fixable and the phone isn't the issue. :)

As to the WiFi...

NOTE: If none of the following work to resolve the problem, then I would consider returning the phone and getting a different one.

3. If the problem persists, check your time and date on the phone to make sure it is correct.

a. Clear out the WiFi data on the phone.
b. Reboot the modem/router.
c. Once the modem/router is fully 'up' again, reboot the phone and re-input the WiFi data.

5. Check your internet connection. It may be what is going in and out rather than the phone.

6. Make sure you have "Data" turned off on the device when using "WiFi" (that is if you have a plan with data through your phone). If youdn't make sure it is turned off, the device can keep trying to switch to "Data" when you try and use "WiFi".

Solution
Aug 15, 2019

As to the WiFi...

a. Clear out the WiFi data on the phone.
b. Reboot the modem/router.
c. Once the modem/router is fully 'up' again, reboot the phone and re-input the WiFi data.

5. Check your internet connection. It may be what is going in and out rather than the phone.

6. Make sure you have "Data" turned off on the device when using "WiFi" (that is if you have a plan with data through your phone). If youdn't make sure it is turned off, the device can keep trying to switch to "Data" when you try and use "WiFi".
Thank you - tried all of these for the Wifi and it didn't work out. I didn't realize that Verizon does not work with this GSM based phone, and also there are countless reviews saying that the wifi does not work for them. Going to send the phone back and get another one.

Status
Not open for further replies.