WiFi not connected in my house

veramu16

Estimable
Nov 19, 2015
i bought new lenova laptop os win 7 & virus software Kaspersky But WiFi connected no internet Access. pls i need your help
* Moderator edit for personal info, do not post personal info on a public forum * . tcp/ip automatic only

GraciousBassist

Estimable
Nov 22, 2014
First thing I always check on computers I work on is the IPv4 settings and Proxy settings.

For proxy settings go to internet options under the control panel then click on the "Connections" tab. Click the LAN Settings button and make sure you are not set to use a Proxy server.

For IPv4 settings get to your network and sharing center and click change adapter settings. Right click your WiFi adapter and choose properties. From there highlight "Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4)" and click properties. Ensure thet you are set to automatic for both IP and DNS.

If neither of these work my normal next step is to run a command prompt with admin and use the command "netsh winsock reset"

GraciousBassist

Estimable
Nov 22, 2014
First thing I always check on computers I work on is the IPv4 settings and Proxy settings.

For proxy settings go to internet options under the control panel then click on the "Connections" tab. Click the LAN Settings button and make sure you are not set to use a Proxy server.

For IPv4 settings get to your network and sharing center and click change adapter settings. Right click your WiFi adapter and choose properties. From there highlight "Internet Protocol Version 4 (IPv4)" and click properties. Ensure thet you are set to automatic for both IP and DNS.

If neither of these work my normal next step is to run a command prompt with admin and use the command "netsh winsock reset"

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
B Laptop Tech Support 2
M Laptop Tech Support 6
D Laptop Tech Support 4
A Laptop Tech Support 0
RaCors Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 0
rahulkumarbudhwani Laptop Tech Support 1
TKU Laptop Tech Support 1
AverageWhiteGirl Laptop Tech Support 1
anonymous30 Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 3