Will Batman: Arkham Knight run on my Lenovo G505?

abigeo

Estimable
Jun 5, 2014
I was wondering if my Lenovo G505s would be able to handle Batman: Arkham Knight as I'm planning to purchase it soon.

Specs:
Processor - AMD A10-5750M APU
Graphics Card - AMD Radeon™ 8570M 2 GB graphics
RAM - 4GB DDR3

Solution
Short of getting a new laptop, adding more RAM is probably your best option; it will expand your gaming options considerably. The A10 APU doesn't disqualify the Lenovo from playing games, but it is clearly designed for general productivity and efficiency.

You could try running Batman with your current specs - the recommendations you see on Steam and elsewhere are often designed to "cover the studio's back". Even if you get a warning that some of your specs are too low, most games will actually work. You may have to settle for medium settings instead of high or adjust the resolution.

The problem in this particular case is that Batman: Arkham Knight is very heavy on graphics, and even with an extra 4GBs of RAM I doubt you'll be able to...
I very much doubt it considering that Steam lists minimum 6GBs of RAM (8GBs recommended). Steam also recommends a discrete GPU (3GB Radeon HD 7950).

Your Lenovo uses an A10 APU (CPU + GPU) which CPU World classifies as useful "for casual gaming and 3D applications". CPUboss praises the A10 for being low on power consumption and for having a built-in GPU (= less expensive), none of which suggests that the A10 APU will be able to cope with the stated requirements.

CPU World:
http://www.cpu-world.com/Compare/736/AMD_A10-Series_for_Notebooks_A10-5750M_vs_AMD_FX-Series_FX-8350.html

CPUboss:
http://cpuboss.com/cpus/AMD-FX-8350-vs-AMD-A10-5750M

Cheers,
GreyCatz.

abigeo

Estimable
Jun 5, 2014

Do you think a ram upgrade would do any good? I should be able to upgrade up to 8GB.

Short of getting a new laptop, adding more RAM is probably your best option; it will expand your gaming options considerably. The A10 APU doesn't disqualify the Lenovo from playing games, but it is clearly designed for general productivity and efficiency.

You could try running Batman with your current specs - the recommendations you see on Steam and elsewhere are often designed to "cover the studio's back". Even if you get a warning that some of your specs are too low, most games will actually work. You may have to settle for medium settings instead of high or adjust the resolution.

The problem in this particular case is that Batman: Arkham Knight is very heavy on graphics, and even with an extra 4GBs of RAM I doubt you'll be able to play it to any enjoyable degree on the A10.

Sorry,
GreyCatz.

Solution