Will i need a mike for vlogging with my Nikon D3300

ajsski99

Estimable
Aug 23, 2015
hiya, I have heard that the Nikon D3300 mic is pretty crappy. so I was wondering if I would need to buy a separate one for vlogging.i know nothing about the kind of mic I will need and only recently bought the camera and spent a ton of money on it and I don't have very much money left to buy a mic.
if you are to link anything pls make sure the item is on a UK website as I'm English.

all answers are much appreciated, Ajsski99

Solution

If you're just trying to record yourself, audio technica makes a cheap wired lavaliere mic for about $30 USD (for some reason I can't change the currency on Amazon). It works pretty well, I've used it before.

Edit: Heres the link: MIC

Something to keep in mind is this: you will get a lot less background noise if you set the recording volume level manually and not let the camera decide. This way, when not talking the camera won't turn the mic sensitivity up and start amplifying the...
Do you need a mike for vlogging? No, any number of nicks, joes, and mary s will do just fine....

Jokes aside, you should have thought about that BEFORE you bought the camera! Videography is more about the content than delivery, so as long as your content is solid any technical limits will be excused by those that watch you. When you get enough money, you should definitely buy a good mic, along with proper video primes, tripods, lighting, etc

ajsski99

Estimable
Aug 23, 2015

in the long run though, do you think it is work it investing in one? and how much would it be for one?

Long run? Of course.

Mics run about $100, though you'll need a bit more in the long run to get a decent recording setup.

ajsski99

Estimable
Aug 23, 2015

Thanks. Do you think you could link a decent mic that a 14 year old kid could afford that's available on a uk site?

Hello man

Honorable
Aug 11, 2013

If you're just trying to record yourself, audio technica makes a cheap wired lavaliere mic for about $30 USD (for some reason I can't change the currency on Amazon). It works pretty well, I've used it before.

Edit: Heres the link: MIC

Something to keep in mind is this: you will get a lot less background noise if you set the recording volume level manually and not let the camera decide. This way, when not talking the camera won't turn the mic sensitivity up and start amplifying the background noise.

Solution