Will laptop prices drop in the next 2 or 3 months?

laliman96

Commendable
May 3, 2016
Also, does anybody know when would possibly a new generation of laptops arrive?
I need a laptop for university before the end of summer.
When would be the the best time to buy a laptop in this period of time.
Sorry for my english.

Solution
Early summer is the best time coming up (no later than week 1 or 2 of July), as channel clearance going into the 'back to school' shopping season is being geared up for.

A best deal without any real compromises to performance would be to look for a Haswell variant though, then just upgrade to an SSD if necessary (always a good idea to clean install the OS on these typically bloatware-laden laptops off the shelf at first use anyway).

DDR4 and Skylake in and of themselves are not a huge boost, but battery life is improved. If saving a few hundred dollars for a bit less battery life doesn't bother you though, then a 4720HQ based laptop would be a good way to go.

Geekwad

Estimable
Sep 25, 2015
Early summer is the best time coming up (no later than week 1 or 2 of July), as channel clearance going into the 'back to school' shopping season is being geared up for.

A best deal without any real compromises to performance would be to look for a Haswell variant though, then just upgrade to an SSD if necessary (always a good idea to clean install the OS on these typically bloatware-laden laptops off the shelf at first use anyway).

DDR4 and Skylake in and of themselves are not a huge boost, but battery life is improved. If saving a few hundred dollars for a bit less battery life doesn't bother you though, then a 4720HQ based laptop would be a good way to go.

Solution

laliman96

Commendable
May 3, 2016

Is it possible that the prices will raise until July, because now I could get a laptop for a good price.

Geekwad

Estimable
Sep 25, 2015
For Haswell based tech, probably not, but for Skylake it is a possibility. Just like going into black Friday, retailers often will raise prices by (slowly) going into a 'sale' season, to discount it.

If you can get what you want now for a good price, then may as well.

laliman96

Commendable
May 3, 2016

Thank you.
I think I'm going to buy this laptop: ASUS ROG GL552VW
6700HQ
8GB DDR4 2133MHz
1000 GB SATA 7200rpm
15.6" FULL HD
GTX 960M 4GB
For around 1050$
I wanted a 17" but I think I can live without that.