Will Microsoft Ruin Minecraft?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rokit

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
The biggest problem here is that Ms believes it could get money back. They're going to support all platforms just to do that. I'm not sure it will work.
Minecraft is a dea meat. Everyone who wanted to play/buy it already did it. Hom many new customers do they expect and from where? I assume some people that still play it may buy it for a different platform because it would be cheap thing to do. But do you think there would be so many of those?
These days it World of Tanks that gets more recognizing while Minecraft is fading away. And as far as i can see World of Tanks also drops popularity alittle by little.
There're games that make noise and the ones that stay, Minecraft and WoT are about noise, if you want to make money on those you need to catch time were thet're popular as oppose to what MS did.

Brand itself is not that interecting, i won't watch a movie based on it and its strange to assume that someone would go to movie theater to watch that crap. What else is left part 2? What are you going to do with part something that modders didn't do already pyramids like creatures?

bimbam360

Estimable
Mar 3, 2014
Rather than the 'bundled into the xbone' suggestions, I would much prefer and hope to see the game fully embedded and integrated into the xbox live architecture. Think Second Life built in with your Live Avatar. As soon as you power on you are automatically loaded into the Minecraft world amongst any of your friends who may be online.

Will that happen?..... Well I'm still waiting for kinect sensors built into monitors and a fully gestured optimised O/S so I doubt it.

ferooxidan

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
What I find very surprising was in Fable Anniversary there is a Dave Helm equipment which is a Minecraft-themed helmet. But the acquisition was after the game launch, right? Microsoft maybe really serious on this one. If it can move up the competition, it's good then.

Avus

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001

Even your daughter understand the concept of gameplay over graphics more than you, you should learn from her. The appeal of Minecraft is like LEGO. Do you need a point to play LEGO?

Status
Not open for further replies.