Solved! Will my laptop work with a Vive Pro?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 2, 2018
I just received a Vive Pro for the holidays, the only device that I could possibly use for it is my GL702VM-DB74 Asus ROG laptop. It has one mini display port which I've read is usable with the Vive pro. It has 1060 graphics card. I have looked at the minimum spec sheet for the Vive pro and my laptop passes the test but a Vive worker told me that the 1060 doesn't work on the laptop ports even though the minimum requirements say it does. Someone with experience or a similar laptop, a response would really be appreciated.

Solution
I don’t have anything similar or experience but on google it said that if your laptop meets the requirements, which it does, and if your laptop has a mini display port, then you need to get a cable from mini display port to display port 1.2 use the vive.

pati_yeet

Estimable
Dec 12, 2018
I don’t have anything similar or experience but on google it said that if your laptop meets the requirements, which it does, and if your laptop has a mini display port, then you need to get a cable from mini display port to display port 1.2 use the vive.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.