Will Sennheiser honour warranty in this scenario?

fauzan_22

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
I have pair of Sennheiser CX 180 earphones which have started giving me trouble,basically what happens is when I plug the earphones in is that i get very faint sound with no vocals but if a put a little pressure on the 3.5mm jack the sound becomes better.

It was about the when I discovered that the part of the cable has become stripped I'm not sure how and here's an image of what I'm talking about http://tinyurl.com/p3lx6bv

So I was wondering that will Sennheiser give replacement in this situation as the earphones are still under warranty.

Thanks in advance.

Solution
Hello... They are a great company... but looking at your cable it appears the damage was not due to their workmanship... get a soldering iron and some shrink tubing to fix.

fauzan_22

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013

Should I email them with some photos of the earphones and see what they say?

I'm pretty sure that if I try to solder it I'll just make it worse as soldering skills are pretty bad as I have none.

But say if you had to rate the procedure of fixing my earphones from 0 to 10 (0 being easiest 10 being hardest) what number would you pick.

Thanks again for your time.

fauzan_22

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013

You mean what a new Sennheiser CX 180 costs?
Well it costs about 13.089 us dollars.

Ironsounds

Distinguished
Hello... I would have to charge you $50us to repair them... you can try a RMA with them... You will have to pay shipping to them and then all they can say is Yes or No after they look at them... this is how you find out how great a company is when they send you back a new set after you damaged your old set.

hdhedhu

Prominent
Oct 21, 2017

Hey what procedure did you followed? and what did you exactly tell them about damage?