will surface pro 3 keyboard work with surface pro 4

jb1023

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
I have a damaged Surface Pro 3 and the keyboard that goes with. I am looking at upgrading to a Surface Pro 4 rather than paying to have the 3 repaired. Will my existing keyboard (kb) bwork with a 4 or will I need to buy a new kb as well? I know there are some improvements made to the 4 kb but that $150 busts my budget so I would like to use my 3 kb for a while if I can.

Solution
I can't find anything really concrete on it.

This article says that:
There is supposed to be some kind of adapter piece to use [the SP3] dock with the Surface Pro 4, but I still am unable to find where it can be purchased. I decided to set the Surface Pro 4 into the dock anyway and even though it isn't a perfect fit and you have to be careful to line things up, it works more reliably than the new Surface Dock.

I guess you could try finding a store with a pro 4, and ask if you could try it with your old dock?
I can't find anything really concrete on it.

This article says that:
There is supposed to be some kind of adapter piece to use [the SP3] dock with the Surface Pro 4, but I still am unable to find where it can be purchased. I decided to set the Surface Pro 4 into the dock anyway and even though it isn't a perfect fit and you have to be careful to line things up, it works more reliably than the new Surface Dock.

I guess you could try finding a store with a pro 4, and ask if you could try it with your old dock?

Solution