Will this laptop get too hot?

Momteresa1987

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016
I'm looking to replace my laptop and I found the one below but I'm not sure if it will be ok. I dot want oe that's going to get real hot. I just use it for surfing the Web, Excel, and Word mostly. No games. Thanks in advance for your help !   Product number: V1S43AV

•17.3" diagonal HD+ SVA BrightView WLED-backlit (1600 x 900) Touchscreen
•12GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM (1 x 4GB, 1 x 8GB)
•1TB 5400 rpm SATA
•3-cell, 31 Wh Lithium-ion Battery
•802.11b/g/n (1x1)
•Windows 10 Home 64
•AMD Dual-Core A9-9410 APU (2.9 GHz, up to 3.5 GHz, 1 MB cache) + AMD Radeon™ R5 Graphics

Solution

This is true of ALL laptops, when it gets old, the Apps get bigger, more complex, even web pages got more graphics and take more horsepower to run.

Once you take a laptop home, that horse can run at a fixed speed while the world keeping pumping you with more data, better graphics, better middle ware, like newer Direct-X to run things, which constantly ask more of your hardware with every update, so after a few year, unless you are able to do organ transplant to your laptop, you need a new one, that simple.

One thing I suggest though to aid cool running, go Full SSD, forgo the mechanical drive.

Momteresa1987

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016

Thank you so much! The room I'm using it in stays between 70 and 75 degrees. My old laptop gets very hot after about 30 minutes of use. I waneed to make sure my new one will be better. Thanks for your help!

This is true of ALL laptops, when it gets old, the Apps get bigger, more complex, even web pages got more graphics and take more horsepower to run.

Once you take a laptop home, that horse can run at a fixed speed while the world keeping pumping you with more data, better graphics, better middle ware, like newer Direct-X to run things, which constantly ask more of your hardware with every update, so after a few year, unless you are able to do organ transplant to your laptop, you need a new one, that simple.

One thing I suggest though to aid cool running, go Full SSD, forgo the mechanical drive.

Solution
That's a high room temperature - mine is currently 20.6 but my netbook is quite hot already.

jsmithpa raises a good point. A Solid State Drive doesn't have to spin the disk at 5,400 rpm the whole time the system is awake like the older hard driives so less heat generated there.

Get into the habit of vacuum cleaning the grills to start pulling dust out of the interior at an early stage - about a month after you buy the laptop then every two weeks. That stops the dust the fan brings in from coalescing around the delicate parts.

Momteresa1987

Commendable
Nov 26, 2016

Thank you so much!