Will this laptop run most games on medium or high?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

doggie06

Estimable
Nov 2, 2014
4th generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4510U Dual Core Processor + 4GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M Graphics

15.6-inch diagonal Full HD WLED-backlit Display (1920x1080)

16GB DDR3L System Memory (2 Dimm)

1TB 5400 rpm Hybrid Hard Drive

Intel 802.11ac WLAN and Bluetooth(R) [1x1]

rannon

Estimable
May 24, 2014

cool, also the maximum power draw from the wall was 181w before OC it was 172w . the thing is the original adapter that came with the laptop was a 180w psu but i got the 200w so i had more head room to OC.
the temps for my OCed cpu is 82c (before 77c) tjmax for this cpu is 100c so im in a safe range
OCed gpu 80c (before 69c) the max operating temp for this is 97c

so i have a stable overclock with comfortable temps...
this laptop has some amazing cooling. also the fan speed on the gpu are 62% and cpu is 75%
i have the option to crank them full but there is no need to since it runs so cool.
if anyone was wondering what the laptop looks like, here is the link:
http://www.asus.com/ae-en/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/ASUS_ROG_G751JT/

its also slimmer than its predecessor...the g750's

OP stop posting a 'what about this one.. what about this one.. what about this one'.
I provided the LINK to the website you can PUT IN the video card listed and see for yourself. Then looking at the games tested for the ones YOU want to play. YOU decided then, will playing this 'way' on 'these' settings to get 'that performance' be good enough for me.

While hjj174 indicated he has no problem dumbing down his system and accepting very low performance / visuals just as long as hjj174 can "PLAY" is all that matters, I am of a different mind. If I am spending 2-10x MORE than the cost of a Console (PS3, PS4) for visual / performance enhancements then sure as sh** I want to be capable to play games above 50FPS at 1080P, High graphics minimum. Otherwise in MY opinion I think your completely wasting your money, time, frustrations (there is ALOT of maintenance in keeping a PC as compared to a Console) when the NexGen systems play 1080P High 60FPS on many many MANY titles and much cheaper, easier, less worry, turn it on and it just 'works'. That is what the LARGE majority want, so I suggest that, I personally can't play the consoles as the controllers have always been painful (really!) for me to physically play. So I am a keyboard/mouse sort - old school joystick button masher.