Windows 10 Asus isn't turning on

FDW

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016
I recently bought a new windows 10 laptop from asus, the e403 I believe. It was low on charge but it was plugged in when I closed the laptop when I went for dinner. When I got back, the power light and the low battery light were on but I just couldn't get the screen on. I tried holding the power button down for 30 secs and the battery is built in. Any suggestions?

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start with a hard reboot, unplug it's AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it.
- If it doesn't work reseat the RAM, remove them all for couple of second then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- Again if these doesn't work but you can hear the laptop on but with no display, connect an external monitor and see if it would display anything because if it does that means it's the built in display that is faulty.
- Next to try is if your AC adapter is still okay by trying another AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it would work.
- If all these will not work it would be a motherboard problem and you'll need to contact ASUS.

FDW

Commendable
Feb 26, 2016

Thanks, I unplugged it from the charger and held the power button down for 2 mins roughly and it restarted itself. I will take your answer in mind if it ever happens again.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
junior31210 Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 1
H Laptop Tech Support 1
O Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 2
N Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
K Laptop Tech Support 1
E Laptop Tech Support 3