Windows 10 audio sync issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin8249

Prominent
May 14, 2017
Hello, I've been having this issue with audio getting out of sync on my computer when using chrome and with the netflix app. can anyone help diagnose this problem? my computer is a fx-6300 w/ a 980, so its not because of hardware and i have 300 mb down. I have the latest realtek drives as well as the latest Nvidia drivers.
I've also went to sound manager and disabled all special effects for my speakers and i've disabled the "allow applications to take control" setting. any more questions feel free to ask

Solution
Sort of "thinking out loud" here but I can imagine that an electrical charge may building up somewhere and then "sparks" accordingly.

Becomes worse as the system warms up and components expand and flex.

Inspect all cables and plugs for signs of wear and damage.

Open things up and look for loose connections, unseating chips, components, cards....

Check where cables are running and touching. Clean out dust and debris.

May or may spot something but just working through it all might help.

Does it go out of sync and stay out of synch or go back and forth?

Either way I would look for some process or service that starts running in the background and taking resources needed by the video and/or audio software.

Lots of applications attempt to "phone home" or otherwise do their own thing no matter what else the system is working on or running.

Even if the attempt is given up the resources may not be released. Or there is some perfect storm of software glitches that makes the problem intermittent.

Austin8249

Prominent
May 14, 2017
What happens is that over time there would be like a micro stutter and it might make a weird pop sound that is very quiet and then the audio would be delayed by a few milliseconds, over about a half an hour it would get to be about 1 sec of a delay.
the typical apps that I have open are just chrome, msi afterburner, nvida stuff, steam, spotify, and the logitech software.

Sort of "thinking out loud" here but I can imagine that an electrical charge may building up somewhere and then "sparks" accordingly.

Becomes worse as the system warms up and components expand and flex.

Inspect all cables and plugs for signs of wear and damage.

Open things up and look for loose connections, unseating chips, components, cards....

Check where cables are running and touching. Clean out dust and debris.

May or may spot something but just working through it all might help.

Solution

vasile.lika90

Prominent
Dec 18, 2017

I have same issue,
Did you solved?
What u did to fix it?
Thanks

shivangchand

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018

***********************************************************************************************************************************************

Windows 10 Pro 16299
Gigabyte Z170X rev 1 MOBO
GSkill 8 Gb 2133mhz
i5-6600 3.3 Ghz
A couple of mech drives
Samsung evo 850 256 GB SSD

So, after having checked the web for all the very-familiar-solutions mentioned on this thread, I decided to try getting back to stock settings. Optimized/default BIOS settings and off course latest firmware for all connected hardware, seems to have solved the audio/video sync issue on streamed content. I must credit bendawg1171 for pointing out the overclock back to default.

Hope you find solution and success to this problem (very subtle irritant).

shivangchand

Prominent
Jan 26, 2018

******************************************************************************************************************************

Your solution led me to get back to default settings on the memory oc I had. It worked like a charm. I am watching all content flawlessly. THANK YOU! :)

paulmy2000

Prominent
Jan 29, 2018

I finally fixed it by replacing the wireless adapter with one from Broadcom. The sync problem would happen even with a wired connection but I noticed occasional micro-stutters when using wireless. Now both connections work perfectly.

Mar 1, 2018
I tried updating my nvidia drivers and rolling back my realtek driver but that didn't fix it. I then watched the streamed video in another browser and everything was fine. As I use chrome mainly, I cleared everything on the browsing content, signed out and deleted all info. Then I resigned in and synced up. This solve my problem.

Mar 6, 2018
I just did format from windows 7 to 10 and having the audio sync prob again..It's mainly on twitch and youtube and if i disable HTML5 player it fixes everything...But i don't enjoy watching videos and streams on flash...

May 13, 2018

Try this worked for me..... i had same problem like you... go in power option -> right side panel vlivk on "choose what power button do"
-> there is shutdown setting -> unchecked Turn on fast startup... fast start causing this desync and popping sound bug... its wont affect that much boot time... if this works share with others...

I have been experencing similar issues since a while on my windows 10 pc. My audio is delayed between 1 or 2 seconds. Today I noticed the first time that this occures after I have been using the netflix app. Every sound coming from my pc (chrome, native windows sounds, etc..) are delayed, although the only exception is the netflix app itself. When checking my system resources there were no performance issues. My audio streams over hdmi on the built in speakers of my screen. I simply restarted my TV and delay was gone. All my drivers and apps are up to date and I have no idea why this is happening.

TLDR: restarted my TV and delay was gone

Feb 10, 2019
I have been experencing similar issues since a while on my windows 10 pc. My audio is delayed between 1 or 2 seconds. Today I noticed the first time that this occures after I have been using the netflix app. Every sound coming from my pc (chrome, native windows sounds, etc..) are delayed, although the only exception is the netflix app itself. When checking my system resources there were no performance issues. My audio streams over hdmi on the built in speakers of my screen. I simply restarted my TV and delay was gone. All my drivers and apps are up to date and I have no idea why this is happening.

TLDR: restarted my TV and delay was gone

I have the same issue since a few days now. Probably 1 1/2 weeks. It suddenly started that my netflix is out of sync on chrome, then i restart and everything will work without any problems for the rest of the day.
First i thought it's a Chrome issue. Then i was noticing that VLC player also has the delay. Youtube e.g. has no problems at all. This is so strange. I will investigate deeper...

Might this be due a Windows Update? I haven't changed/updated any drivers recently.
Do you have any solution found yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.