Windows 10 Bootloop

iexist91

Prominent
May 8, 2017
I've just done an update that windows requested (one about creativity I think?), restarted, and now my laptop won't start up again. It gets stuck in a boot loop, flashing the american megatrends page with some of my system info and then gives up, goes black screen (with the typing cursor flashing) and then back to megatrends.
I'm running windows 10.
All I can do is access Aptio Setup Utility (V2.15.1236) and seeming nothing else.
What can I do?

Solution
Try this...

1. Turn off the laptop. Off off.
2. Then make sure there is no possible way what so ever for the laptop to access WiFi. Either turn off your router/modem, or go somewhere where there is no WiFi.
3. Turn the laptop on.

If the problem was due to the update, it should start up fine while unable to access the internet. Then, once loaded, you can then reconnect to the internet. Some updates cause issues due to their continuing to try and install them over and over in Windows 10.

Try this...

1. Turn off the laptop. Off off.
2. Then make sure there is no possible way what so ever for the laptop to access WiFi. Either turn off your router/modem, or go somewhere where there is no WiFi.
3. Turn the laptop on.

If the problem was due to the update, it should start up fine while unable to access the internet. Then, once loaded, you can then reconnect to the internet. Some updates cause issues due to their continuing to try and install them over and over in Windows 10.

Solution