Windows 10 Default Audio Format What Do I Choose?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArYcEz

Estimable
Dec 21, 2015
I've recently bought some new headphones (ATH M50X) and I've been wondering what Default sound format will make my experience best when listening to music (on spotify) and playing games? From 16 bit 44100 Hz to 24 bit 192000 Hz

Solution
16 bit 44100 Hz is CD quality audio.
16 bit 48000 Hz is Dvd quality audio.
16 bit 96000 Hz is Studio quality audio
16 bit 192000 Hz is studio quality.

Basically the higher Hz range the more frequency ranges you can hear in clarity and sharpness, detail.
of the song played from bass to treble to high pitched notes.

The more or higher the bit rate used for encoding or decoding will also relate to the quality of the sound if it is played back or recorded.
But the file being played and it`s format has to be sampled or digitally encoded at that bit rate and frequency in the first place as it`s format, or it is what we call up sampled by the digital to analog converter for the speaker setup.

You must also have a good set of speakers and a...

Shaun o

Distinguished
16 bit 44100 Hz is CD quality audio.
16 bit 48000 Hz is Dvd quality audio.
16 bit 96000 Hz is Studio quality audio
16 bit 192000 Hz is studio quality.

Basically the higher Hz range the more frequency ranges you can hear in clarity and sharpness, detail.
of the song played from bass to treble to high pitched notes.

The more or higher the bit rate used for encoding or decoding will also relate to the quality of the sound if it is played back or recorded.
But the file being played and it`s format has to be sampled or digitally encoded at that bit rate and frequency in the first place as it`s format, or it is what we call up sampled by the digital to analog converter for the speaker setup.

You must also have a good set of speakers and a amp that can both handle high bit rate output and Hz range, frequency response to get good clarity of sound playback.

The higher a bit rate is example 24 bits @ 192000 Hz the better the end playback of sound will be in clarity and frequency, for sound. But when used in example for Mp3 or Mp4 files the files will be much larger in size in megabytes due to the bit rate and frequency.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.