Windows 10 Folder Location

Status
Not open for further replies.

easylivin

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Mail. I have successfully imported my 4 email accounts and the associated messages from Windows Live mail 2012.

I created a "My Message Archive" folder in Windows 10 Mail for the intent to import some 250 "archived mail" folders from windows Live Mail.

Problem is, I can't identify the "My Message Archive" folder anywhere in the Windows 10 file structure.

This is really frustrating me and I desperately hope that someone can tell me how to locate this file.

Solution
You cannot, at least not with Mail app for Windows 10. The way I got your question was that you've already imported your mail from these four accounts, and are looking for a way to keep them.

rgd1101

Don't
MERGED QUESTION
Question from easylivin : "How do I locate Windows 10 Folder files?"

If your mail accounts are IMAP, you will find nothing on your computer - every time you go to mail app, it downloads your messages (OK, some caching goes around, but that's it).

In order to have mail archive, you should configure your mail client in POP3 mode (and make sure you tick "Leave messages on server").

easylivin

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2011
Alabalcho did not answer my question as to where I can, in the Windows 10 file structure, find and/or identify my new "My Message Archive" folder so I can load it with archived messages from Windows Live Mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.