Windows 10 Leak Shows Xbox App, Cortana

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwuarter

Estimable
Jul 11, 2014
I know this won't happen but I'd be the happiest person knowing you could play Xbox One games on whatever PC you want as long as it has Windows 10.

red77star

Honorable
Oct 16, 2013
Is it just me but Windows 10 UI wise looks terrible. I am not sure what will change from now until January 21st, but from what I see Windows 10 is Metro on Steroids...reason people hate Windows 8.x is not removed but opposite which means that MS is not listening to anyone, especially not to people feedback.

wysir

Honorable
Aug 9, 2012
Windows 10 and XBox are set to use the same kernel, thus it would be possible to play XBox titles on a Windows 10 PC.

Tanyac

Estimable
Aug 30, 2014
As long as I can disable all of this stuff I'll be happy. I use my PC as a PC for PC work (ok, some gaming)..

I wish they would add an install option to NOT install any of the "APPS". Every time I install Windows 10 I've been manually deleting them, and some, like Windows Store can't be uninstalled.

someguynamedmatt

Distinguished
Feb 7, 2010
...All I wanted was the ability to make my window bars transparent. Is that really too much to ask for, Microsoft? It's not that these little things bother me too much, but more that we're refused support for them simply because they're not what Microsoft pictures for their future. Our opinions don't matter anymore - I guess they just want us all to start following along.
On that note, Windows 8.1 Embedded from Dreamspark (am an engineering student) wasn't half bad - it came with none of the Microsoft-default bloatware that comes standard with every other version. It's sad when you have to use a version of an OS designed for small embedded systems in order to bludgeon your way past the company's thick layer of marketing BS.

Status
Not open for further replies.