Solved! Windows 10 On-screen Keyboard needed to Login

usir19

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
I have a Lenovo Flex 3 running Windows 10. The keyboard was physically replaced. I can only login at Start up with the On-screen Keyboard. Is there a way to restore use of the physical keyboard for Logging at Start up without doing a Windows Refresh? Thank you in advance.

Solution
First make sure the keyboard is correctly connected.

Then, when you are sure it is, try this...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the new keyboard isn't working right.
First make sure the keyboard is correctly connected.

Then, when you are sure it is, try this...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the new keyboard isn't working right.

Solution

usir19

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017

usir19

Prominent
Mar 8, 2017
Webworking, thank you for your suggestion. I have attempted and the keyboard is connected correctly because it works after logging in. It is also a laptop not a desktop. I have uninstalled the driver and it did not reload automatically after a reboot, I actually had to go into the registry to reinstall the Windows PS2 Keyboard driver. The puzzling thought is that the keyboard works after logging into Windows 10 but mysteriously does not work prior to sign on.

TRENDING THREADS