Windows 10 PC wont boot up no matter what :(

Collin_9

Commendable
Nov 15, 2016
Hi! This is not a laptop but i cant find a thread to post this question on.. I have a home built pc and i magically it just stopped booting up. It kept booting into a blackscreen with a blinking white underscore in the top left margin of the screen so I thought maybe i should reinstall windows. So i did that but i chose the option to keep my personal files. I think thats where i went wrong because now it wont boot up at all really. I tried turning it off during start up 3 times in a row to get the automatic repair option but it just sits there at " preparing repairs" with the black screen but never progresses. Left it for hours. So I think its really messed up. I cant seem to find any safe mode from my BIOS i have an asus x99 mother board if that helps? There are a bunch of EZ tuning options and stuff and the boot order. So on a different computer i installed the windows 10 tool to install windows and followed all the steps so that i could basically reinstall windows from that flash drive. I went into the bios of the broken PC and i chose to have the USB flash drive at the top of the boot order. Then upon restarting it and booting into the flash drive.. Black screen. ARRRG i cant get anything to work. I cant even get into the pc to do the repair troubleshooting options. Im really boned here, help!