My HP laptop with Windows 10 version 1511 has a sleep issue. Every time I wake the computer from sleep, the built-in keyboard and touchpad are not responsive until 20 seconds later. So I am not able to login to my computer until I wait 20 seconds every time I wake the laptop from sleep mode. Anyone know why this happens and how I can resolve it?
Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Open Power Options and click on Change plan settings then Change advanced power settings on the next screen.
- Expand Hard disk first then set Turn off hard disk after to Never.
- Expand Sleep and set Allow hyrbid sleep to OFF and set Hibernate after to NEVER.
- Click Apply and OK.
- Do open Device Manager next and set your keyboard and Mouse to wake up your PC.
- In Device Manager right click on Mouse/Keyboard and select Power Management.
- Make sure there's a check on Allow this device to wake the computer and click OK.
- Do test your PC again after doing all these changes.