Windows 10 Touch Screen Tap not the same as Mouse click

Savior23

Honorable
Mar 1, 2012
I'm running a Surface Pro tablet with Windows 10 installed.

I'm trying to run a custom .exe app given to me by my company.

For some reason, tapping the touch screen to hit a button on the app does not work. Nothing seems to happen. Some actions such as swiping and dragging works. Only single taps dont seem to do anything.

Using a regular mouse and clicking works just fine with the app, so for whatever reason it seems like tapping the touch screen is different from a mouse click.

Any ideas how I could fix this? Any way to map the touch screen tap to a mouse click?

Any help is appreciated.

Solution
If the touch screen works fine for everything else, then it sounds like a flaw in the program to me. Nothing you can do about that yourself. You would need to talk to your companies tech support people (or the creators of the programs support people) and get them to look into the issue.
If the touch screen works fine for everything else, then it sounds like a flaw in the program to me. Nothing you can do about that yourself. You would need to talk to your companies tech support people (or the creators of the programs support people) and get them to look into the issue.

Solution