Windows 10 will not install, and now the BIOS doesn't recognize the USB

hazyhaze

Estimable
Sep 4, 2015
I'll try to keep this as short and succinct as I can. Because we went through quite a bit to get to this really weird stage.

So my dad recently upgraded his ultrabook's (Samsung NP5303U3C) OS to Windows 8.1, but with KMSpico. Somewhere along the line it became ridden with viruses, and he decided to upgrade it to Windows 10.

Based on an acquaintance's suggestion, he downloaded the Windows 10 Enterprise trial. It took him 4 tries to get the Windows 10 running, since every install would revert back to the installer's front page -- although it wiped out the 8.1 at the first try. The second try failed, and this time he repaired the computer via the installer. The third failed as well, and so did the fourth. But at the fourth, he plugged out the USB drive, and decided to try booting the laptop anyway. This time, it gave the option of booting from an alternative OS -- and it worked.

But within minutes, and after downloading Firefox, and KMSpico, the viruses came back.

He decided to reinstall the Windows again, and this time at the installer formatted almost all the partitions in the hard drive (except the one with his photos and documents). Again, the same problems came up. OS wiped at first try, but it went back to the Windows 10 installation's front page. Repaired again, and tried the same unplug USB trick. This time there was no OS detected at all.

I'm not sure why, but he started to change the boot configuration. And now, the ultrabook no longer detects the USB drive, or anything for that matter. Even after he reset the settings, it still won't read anything. And the USB can be read fine by my laptop.

So he's unsure of what to do now and thinks his ultrabook is fried.

I really hope it's not though and any help will be really really appreciated. Thank you so much for taking taking your time.

metalicgeek

Estimable
As you're using illegal activation software to make Windows 10 work, there is no guarantee that what you are downloading is safe. If the boot configuration in the BIOS has been changed, you may want to try performing a reset to safe settings on the BIOS. Also try toggling any of the following settings and seeing the results: Legacy Boot, UEFI, CSM

hazyhaze

Estimable
Sep 4, 2015

Thank you! Right now he has managed to get the laptop to read the USB drive.

I did have a lot of doubts when he used to the activation software and I'll tell him, and convince him to get a proper license.

What's odd is that the installer he got is the official one from the Microsoft website. Right now he's downloading another copy to try again.