Windows 10 won't install, endless loop!

Kerry_3

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
Hey all, so I have a new mobo, Asrock Fatality z170, the PS died so I got a new one of those, new cpu, ram and a new HD. I cannot get windows 10 to load from a USB or disk that I created using the Windows Media Tool.

It starts to load then gives me various errors. One of the errors I get is \windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe with an error code 0xc0000221. Another error is \windows\System32\drivers\bfadi.sys with an error code of 0xc0000098. It starts to go to the windows loader again with the black screen and a blue windows logo and keeps me in this forever loop! Can anyone help?

(i know this is in the laptop forum, I realized that after I posted this, my apologies!)

Colif

Honorable
So you getting kernel errors during an install? What are the codes you get as ntoskrnl gets the blame for lots of things that are usually driver related but that shouldn't occur before drivers are even installed.

Kerry_3

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016

It is mainly the two codes I put above. I'm currently looking at error code 0xc0000221. I have got a \derivers\evbda.sys with an error code of 0xc0000098. It is an endless loop. It will start with the black screen with the blue logo and then seconds later switch to the blue screen that says 'Recovery' your PC needs repaired.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
dinso Laptop Tech Support 1
juliver Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 0
O Laptop Tech Support 1
3 Laptop Tech Support 1
TheAlienJD Laptop Tech Support 1
R Laptop Tech Support 4
A Laptop Tech Support 1
Y Laptop Tech Support 2
P Laptop Tech Support 3
B Laptop Tech Support 1