Windows 7 Forecasted to Capture 42% Share This Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

[citation][nom]techseven[/nom]Microsoft is still an OS monster....[/citation]

Well of course they are supposed to. What else would you use? Mac...Linux? Windows is compatible with everything.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
not much of a news article, if you restrict the sale other versions of windows and sell new computers with windows 7, it's market share would grow.

The same would happen if microsoft were to stop selling windows 7 and start shipping new computers with windows ME.

The mac market share will always remain small until they decide to allow you to install it on any system.

randomizer

Distinguished

It will remain small until it is used in corporate environments. Once (if?) Apple breaks into the office they will take a good swipe at Microsoft's market share. Consumer purchases don't really matter, it's the big businesses that get you market share.

amk-aka-Phantom

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2011
woot!

I just hope Win8 won't try to force us to shift to it. Win7 is just great, and all my friends who used to think that Windows is "bloatware" are now in love with it.

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
Mac's share in the market would continue to rise either till the ultrabook catches steam (so that some prospective Mac Air users change their minds) or till the crackers and virus have apple within their sights.

Having said that, a 5% market share isn't something to brag about, when you competitor has around 90%. :p

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
My work still has all of it's employees on Windows XP. I'm using a work laptop right now that they spent $4000 on 6 months ago and they downgraded to XP. After having 7 on both my machines at home its getting really tiresome dealing with XP at work. As far as I know we are still at least 6 months to a year away from migrating to 7.

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
[citation][nom]razor512[/nom]not much of a news article, if you restrict the sale other versions of windows and sell new computers with windows 7, it's market share would grow.The same would happen if microsoft were to stop selling windows 7 and start shipping new computers with windows ME.The mac market share will always remain small until they decide to allow you to install it on any system.[/citation]

The news is that it means that businesses are finally upgrading from XP, which is something they have been reluctant to do. Personally I was surprised, while I am a win7 fan, I completely understand that businesses stick with what they have, and do not move often because it means overtime for the IT people, as well as moving data, and teaching people to use the new tools that come with it. In other words it is a lot of expense and down time, and is more of a pain than it is usually worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.