Windows 7 reinstall lost ALL LAn drivers. Cannot get on internet to correct problem. Dell Inspiron 3847 64, How do I get the c

Not a Windows user

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016
The ethernet device and all connected show Yellow exclamation marks and cannot be updated. Of course, cannot go online to get new drivers?? How to fix?

Solution
Instead of using the updater, use the find driver myself.
7XHrtJs.png

Not a Windows user

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016

Tried that! Have another PC available, Windows 8, When I go to Dell, their "updaters" try to give me Windows 8 updaters, instead of the Windows 7 drivers I'm trying to obtain.

But since discovering this GREAT forum, I will try some of the links here. Thanks so much for taking the time to answer

cool3r

Honorable
Jul 14, 2013
That happens to me all the time, cause i reinstall my OS a lot, u need to go to ur Motherboards Site eg. Gygabite, find the EXACT model of your mobo and download the LAN driver, simpleas that.

Not a Windows user

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016
Seems like a great suggestion - but no internet access from affected machine. That's the real problem. I can update drivers with the best of them-- unless it's the ethernet drivers so it's impossible to establish any kind of network or internet connection.
Is the motherboard info on the Dell specs? Have access a different Windows machine with working wireless. Perhaps I can usb it to the affected machine?

Not a Windows user

Commendable
Jun 23, 2016

Thanks so much for your help! Worked perfectly. Selected the correct driver at Dell, downloaded then copied over to usb, transferred to completely buggered machine and presto, installer saw the problem, installed itself, restart and my friend was back in business! So glad I found you all.