Windows 8 Ultrabook Corrupted

Status
Not open for further replies.

GMPoisoN

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013
Attempted (poorly) to install a distro of Linux onto a USB off the laptop to use it as a boot usb. (I believe) I ended up mistaking the 16 gb ssd (for boot) in the laptop for my 16 gb flash drive I had plugged in, so I'm fairly sure I screwed my laptop due to this bad install. It's an Asus Zenbook UX302la, so it comes with the 16 gb ssd for boot, I believe I've written over that which is why it's now corrupted.

When I turn the laptop on I'm met with the windows 8 logo and "Preparing Automatic Repair". Spamming 'Delete' gets me into the BIOS, go over to the 'Boot' tab and I'm met with Boot Options #1 and #2. #1 is "Windows Boot Manager", and #2 is (what I believe to be the small SSD in the laptop for boot) "SanDisk SSD U110 16 GB". I've tried switching the boot order so it boots the SanDisk first, and when that happens all I get is a white dash that flicks on and off to the left of my screen, I believe this is the corrupted SSD that I ended up writing Linux over (or a failed linux install rather).

I've tried installing Win 7/8 on a USB via their website for a USB boot/install but that didn't end up working. Anyone have any experience with this, or can show me a site that can get this cleared up for me? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.