Windows Defender can't turn on and Disk in task manager and Laptop Buzzing and Vibrating

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017
I'm not very good with computers but when I try to turn on windows defender it tell me ''This application has been turned off and isn't monitoring your computer.'' ''If you're using another app to check for malicious or unwanted software, use Security and Maintenance to check that app's status.''
I used to have Mcafee because it came preinstalled with the laptop but then I removed it from the control panel's uninstall area. I didn't select the remove all files box and uninstalled it. When I go to windows (C: ) and type in Mcafee it shows some files and when I try to delete them it says that it can't. I also downloaded Avast before but uninstalled it using control panel as well. I typed it in windows (C: ) and it shows a file but I'm not sure if it's to do with Avast I can send a picture.Disk in task manager has been going up to 100% whenever go on another site or open a program it goes to 100% and is at the top of the list. System in task manager has gone up to the top a bit aswell. I don't know if this has anything to do with it but I right clicked on system and clicked properties and it says that it was created on the 10th of May 2017 and modified on the 28th of April. I have had this laptop for over 2 years.I'm not sure if this is because I used it for too long but I tilted to laptop back a bit and it made a buzzing sound and started to vibrate because of the sound, it wasn't very hot aswell.

Solution
If you want to enable Windows Defender, you'll have to uninstall Malwarebytes.
Malwarebytes after trial period switches to on-demand scan only (active protection is switched off, but you can run manual virus scans).

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017

I don't like norton I'm trying to figure out why I can't turn it on and if these files are the problem.

SkyNetRising

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016

Then do that.
Go to Control Panel/Security and Maintenance
and see, what software manages virus protection for your PC.

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017

It says I have malwarebytes but the free trial will be over in 1 week is that when I can activate windows defender or does malwarebyte still give virus protection when it's free version?

SkyNetRising

Estimable
Jan 4, 2016
If you want to enable Windows Defender, you'll have to uninstall Malwarebytes.
Malwarebytes after trial period switches to on-demand scan only (active protection is switched off, but you can run manual virus scans).

Solution

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017

Can I turn on windows defender after malwarebytes free trial is over? And do you do know why I cannot remove the mcafee files from windows (C :)? And there is this file that says avast in it but I'm not sure if it's from the anti virus and about the buzzing and vibrating?

"right now I'm trying to figure out if I deleted it properly"

Look, just use the removal tool as you've already been advised to! (that will remove it thoroughly). Job done.

Malwarebytes disables Windows Defender for sure. That's normal, so the only problem you have with your laptop is the buzzing/vibrating & I've no idea what could be causing that - but it strikes me as being more hardware-related than software.

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017

I have just used the tool to remove it but the files are still there. I just selected the default folder when I was using the uninstall tool so I'm not sure if I might have needed to select another folder. I just clicked on open file location and it brought me to Windows (C: ) > Windows > WinSxS and there seems to be other files there as well. Some were in Windows (C: ) > Windows > WinSxS > Manifests https://prnt.sc/ff119o and does it automatically go back to normal mode after I used the uninstall tool in safe mode?

A Spicy Noodle

Prominent
May 25, 2017

Okay thank you very much for helping me. How do I tell if the files are interfering with the antivirus. Mcafee came preinstall with the laptop and I uninstalled it without removing the files, does this mean I have to download Mcafee again and then remove it with the files and then download it again to get a certain account on it?