Windows device w/ mobile broadband vs. iPad?

BKGlaser

Honorable
Oct 23, 2013
Hi all,

I'm looking for a tablet and would love suggestions. I do a lot of word processing on the go, so basically I want mobile broadband and a good keyboard accessory. I'd even get a small laptop with built-in mobile broadband, but that seems to have even fewer options. My other computer is a PC, so Microsoft Office and Windows are preferred. If the Asus Transformer Book T100 had mobile broadband, I would get that, but it doesn't in the US.

There aren't many Windows devices with mobile broadband in the US. Basically, it's the Lenovo ThinkPad Tablet 2. The Lenovo Helix would be great for my needs, but is super expensive (and has a slow processor?). Dell and HP have some, but they don't seem to be well-reviewed.

But the iPad seems to be the undisputed tablet king, so I'm wondering if I should just get one with a keyboard case, and make do with compatibility issues with my other devices.

Any guidance would be appreciated! Thanks.

bygbyron3

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2011
The Nokia Lumia 2520 is an LTE device. It has the best screen available on any mobile device. Only downside is that it's Windows 8.1 RT so you're limited to the Windows Store.