Windows doesn't see that mic is plugged in

Status
Not open for further replies.

legorocks100

Prominent
Aug 20, 2017
Hello, I recently purchased a Blue Yeti Mic. For some reason, windows does not even detect that it is plugged in. I have tried plugging it in to another computer and windows does not detect it either there. However, the mic is clearly working because the light is on. For those who don't know, the yeti is also USB connected to my desktop, not a mic input cable. I also tried installing the drivers for the Yeti even though it says I don't need to, and it says it can't recognize that a Yeti Mic is plugged in. Anyone know whats wrong?

Thank You!

Blackink

Estimable
Apr 27, 2014
Hi There.

Do your speakers still work after the Blue Yeti was plugged in?!? (you'll see why I asked this later).

I'll do my best to try and remember what happened to me when I plugged my Blue Yeti mic in and tried to use it for the first time on a Windows 7 Pro 64Bit computer...

The mic didn't work so I right clicked on the speaker icon on the taskbar and selected Recording devices. A window opens up labeled Sound. I found my Blue Yeti mic listed in the Playback tab under Speakers! I don't think anything was listed in the Recording tab under Microphone. I didn't install any drivers for the mic either.
It was at this time that I turned my speakers on and tested them....sure enough, they didn't work now and I know they did the last time I used them!

What I can't remember, is what I did to get my speakers referenced back to that Playback tab under Speakers and get my Yeti mic listed in the Recording tab under Microphones.

I think I had to go into the properties of both the speakers and the microphone in that Sounds window in the appropriate tabs and make the changes so that Windows recognized both correctly.

I hope this helps.....

legorocks100

Prominent
Aug 20, 2017
Sadly they don't appear in my playback devices either. They just don't appear at all :( I still think its weird windows doesn't even recognize that a device is plugged in. Thank you for trying to help though :)

Blackink

Estimable
Apr 27, 2014
I looked back and re-read your first post and noticed the light comes on. That would tell me the USB cable should be good.

I would contact Yeti support...... or maybe return the mic for another one?

Have you tried plugging it into another USB port? I know that sounds ridiculous because the light is working on the mic, but I'd try it anyway!

Does the light flash on the mic when that button is pushed and then stays on steady when pushed again?

Status
Not open for further replies.