Windows / Game / Server Emulator for Gaming with 2 people on 1 comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

espslyxerx2

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2007
Just curiousif anyone knew if there was an emulator program to run two instances of windows at once or to run two games at once.

My problem is most of my friend’s wont build a gaming computer or just can’t afford one. I have enough horsepower with my computer to run two games at once, regardless of what it is.

I want to hook up two keyboards, two mice, two monitors and have someone right next to me playing on my machine with me. Almost as if the computer is acting as server, doing all the work for you.

I have everything, to do this, including two video cards, (not SLI or CF). I wont go in depth of what the computer has for hardware.

Does anyone know of a way to do this?

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
Sounds like since you have 2 video cards, just build another system with maybe lower specs, something dual core, 2 gb of ram and a decent vid card and vista or xp for your friends. Then have your own mini network setup and your computer host it. However I think games like madden and nba live, hockey etc. Like games you can use controls on, I think you can just use 2 usb controls. That's what I used to do when I didn't want a console.

gomerpile

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2005
two monitors will do just assign the game to which display, but you will also have problems wiff controllers. If you have a gaming mouse and key board you'll be able to assign the controller with that software. and the other mouse will use a standard driver. However I think you'll still have problems. Most videos card are equipped wiff software for two monitors

surrealdeal

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2007
loooool. my bro was asking me about this recently. to play two copies of WoW for himself. dotdotdot... Linux + multiuser logins + VMWare

Status
Not open for further replies.