Windows Mobile 6.1 -- Spoof Mac Address

uncfan_2563

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
Hi guys, at my school we have a stupid wifi connection that doesn't let none school devices get in by using MAC address filtering. My friend used the mac address of a computer at our school and spoofed the mac address on his iTouch. I have the registry editor and all installed, i just cant manage to find how to change the mac address... I have an LG Incite (CT810)

uncfan_2563

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
well not really. It's just stupid actually because they could easily just have us gain access with our school id and password but they dont. makes no sense

frozenlead

Distinguished
You can't change your MAC address, per say, because it's hardware-based. There are ways you can mask it with different programs, but I haven't been able to find any for Windows Mobile (or previous versions of Microsoft's mobile OSs).

Edit: Yes, the school should be using a bluesocket type technology...I've never seen one that hasn't. However, they may only have intranet access on that network, you know..

uncfan_2563

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2009
Well I know for a fact that I can access the internet because my friend does it on his iPod Touch. and yeah spoofing mac address == changing it by software. i know you cant really change the hardware mac ;)

ASK THE COMMUNITY