Windows Phone 7 Gets Waves Of Upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

They can and do also crow about the success of their App marketplace, with 1 million SDK downloads, 30,000 registered developers and 8000 apps, which is ramping up as fast as the iphone did 3 years ago, and faster than Android did 2 years ago (and much faster than Nokia ovi store, Webos App catalog or Blackberry App world ever did).

MAC_HATER

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
sweet bring on the updates! heres hoping they bring on the Texas holdem game thats rumoured to be about - im itching to gamble! :D

beta tester

Distinguished
May 4, 2010
Slow, Slow, Slow!!!!

Windows Phone 7 released to manufacture in late August 2010.

Still no update at all.

First update will be mid-March, 2011, to fix the broken Copy-And-Paste. C&P still won't work with many 3rd party apps.

Next update at the end of 2011, to fix the broken 3rd party multitasking.

The rate of updates is abysmal. Microsoft cannot catch up, let alone get ahead, at this slow pace.

kewlx

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
[citation][nom]falchard[/nom]I just bought a Windows 7 Phone for free from T-Mobile with their sale last week.[/citation]
howd you buy it if you got it free?

sandypants

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
I got overlapping ads in the left sidebar, the newegg scrolling banner overlaps the static WD My Book ad. Happened in Firefox, Chrome, Opera, and IE9. Yes, I am bored, also the reason why I read this. :p

PudgyChicken

Distinguished
May 17, 2010
Gonna have to agree with retrig, there are quite a few spelling and grammar errors throughout your article. The one that I think stands out like a sore thumb is
That may hint to devices that are designed from the ground up and aren't quick and dirty shots, which should good news for consumers.

Fail.

gsxr1181

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010
[citation][nom]MAC_HATER[/nom]sweet bring on the updates! heres hoping they bring on the Texas holdem game thats rumoured to be about - im itching to gamble![/citation]

Should have been enough of a gamble to even buy the phone in the first place...

mrmez

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2006
Big ups cor more competition.

I love it how everyone slammed the iPhone when it didn't have cut & paste. Now M$ is still 2 years behind that.

bhaberle

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
[citation][nom]beta tester[/nom]Slow, Slow, Slow!!!!Windows Phone 7 released to manufacture in late August 2010.Still no update at all.First update will be mid-March, 2011, to fix the broken Copy-And-Paste. C&P still won't work with many 3rd party apps.Next update at the end of 2011, to fix the broken 3rd party multitasking.The rate of updates is abysmal. Microsoft cannot catch up, let alone get ahead, at this slow pace.[/citation]

Didn't it take Apple several years to get copy and paste as well as many typical features like Printing and making folders?

elcentral

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
i still hate iphone and possibly w7 phone ewen more. Nokia RIP ima gonna haw to go android, sight i dont like android much eather but i dont got much choice now.

hakesterman83

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2011
Obviously Douglas has never even held a Win 7 phone in his hands. They are totally
awsome and they are easier and more fluid than an iphone. And unlike iphone users you can actually make a call with a win 7 phone.

anacandor

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
[citation][nom]hakesterman83[/nom]Obviously Douglas has never even held a Win 7 phone in his hands. They are totallyawsome and they are easier and more fluid than an iphone. And unlike iphone users you can actually make a call with a win 7 phone.[/citation]

I have a iPhone. I can make a call with it. Where did you get that info from?

Seriously guys, who cares if there's a few grammatical errors, everyone makes mistakes, you don't need to point out others' errors... it's just rude...

coldtortilla

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2010
this sounds all fine and dandy but now I have my eyes on the new sony xperia play (playstation phone) their physical buttons will making gaming for cell phones allot better, hopefully microsoft does something of this nature as well because I am really considering a WP7 handset due to the fact that I doubt that the xperia play is going to come to sprint and I am not willing to switch carriers, but if it did I would jump right on that bandwagon because sony seems much more into gaming with this device then microsoft is with their mobile XBL integration.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Seems like the sleeping giant has awoken, should be intressting to see what impact it will have on the market (and more intresstingly me as a consumer!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS